Pop Up Gallery 2
Heard-Craig Center for the Arts
McKinney, TX USA
The Heard-Craig House was built in 1900 by Stephen and Lillian Heard. Their daughter, Kathryn, an artist, married Thomas Craig in 1910 and began a century’s worth of advocacy for the fine arts and for the creation of art groups and women’s educational and philanthropic achievements.
The art collection includes works by early Texas artists, Japanese, Chinese, and early 19th century American artists. Currently, there are 20 fine arts organizations that call the Heard-Craig Center their home. The Center is open to the public for tours and events.